The world is in turmoil. The news media is full of over-blown hype about it. Perhaps you need some inspiration.
A few suggestions:
- Turn off the TV
- Put down the newspaper
- Read, or re-read, my recent posts on The Unity Community. The open rates for these messages currently stand at 18-21%. This tells me there are many of you who have yet to benefit from them. I refer to:
- Listen to Eric Lofholm’s live (7:45 AM PT every business day) or recorded 15-minute motivational calls. The recordings and the instructions to join the live call are here. Eric is always upbeat and shares valuable business and sales tips, as well as pure inspiration.
- (For those with children under 20: Eric has just announced he is doing a special daily training for kids. Most schools don’t teach kids mindset, goal setting, effective communication, etc. Eric is filling that space at a time when kids need it most. I just watched today’s episode and recommend it.)
Mindset is vital. It always works best to approach any situation, however dire it appears, with a positive attitude. There’s a positive side to every situation. Focusing on the negatives will only depress you. It will do absolutely nothing to improve the situation, or your own performance.
You must be positive to perform at your best.
You can be positive only by eliminating the negative.
It’s impossible for the brain to recognize positive and negative simultaneously. Focus on the positive.
Fear and faith cannot co-exist (Napoleon Hill). Have faith that you will do what is necessary. Then do it!
Be aware of facts. Intentionally avoid the hype.
When you can do something to help, do it. When the situation is out of your control, worry won’t help. Move on to whatever good you find. Can’t find it? Look harder – it’s there.
In this time, we can appreciate these observations:
- Some down time is a good thing.
- Quiet time with family is good.
- More relaxed interaction with friends is beneficial.
- More time to think about and plan for our business and life will have long-term benefit.
- It’s pretty easy to reduce expenses when we’re not moving around much, restaurants are closed, etc.
- We may learn more effective or efficient ways of working while our mobility is limited. Example: We have essentially 0 commute time and expense.
- Think of other benefits!
Stay positive! Better times are coming.